Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Hurley-- where everyone should go... or not.

So I made it back from Gila. I have much to report from that week, but that will come in a post following this one! It is much too late to provoke such thoughts about the Tour de Gila this evening... But I need to let you all in on a couple sweet photos.

First of all, when we were in NM we didn't stay in Silver City, we stayed in Hurley. Now for all those wisconsinites, who are reading... we all know that Hurley is where hwy 51 ends and the fun begins. It just so happens that Hurley, WI is on the border of Da U.P. (the upper peninsula of Michigan)-- AND the reason why it is where fun begins is because the last establishment in Wisconsin on Hwy 51 happens to be Shooters Strip Club... So wouldn't you know that I had a few chuckles when I saw the Hurley Bar.

Missy and I did some investigation one night to see what this place was like-- we had no idea of what to expect. I may have built this story up to be some crazy story-- but it wasn't. We met a friendly bartender who insisted on "frying me up beans" she kept asking me what kind of beans I wanted... of course, I didn't understand- and asked a few questions. Come to find out she just wanted to know what to pour me. It was a short lived escapade and we found no prospects in the Hurley Bar for Missy.

What we did find for Missy was this guy-- unfortunately he had just left an hour before we arrived-- he had stopped by the pub in Silver City to drop off his photo. Missy says she likes the photo of his bike the best... right... sure you do Missy!!**

My cool bike shop job is paying me for 2 hours tomorrow to GO mountain biking on demo bikes this week! I'll be testing a Specialized Stumpjumper tomorrow and two different treks this coming Thursday and Friday.

As far as racing goes, the Cowgirls will make an appearance at a couple local crits this weekend in Denver and in Longmont.

FYI This is actually a photo of a photo at a local brewery in Silver City.
We just thought it was hilariously gross! Sorry if you're offended... I know its risque...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back in the Logging days it was Hayward, Hurley and Hell...
Good to see an update, looking forward to seeing the results of the 08 photoshoot.

XOXO Dad

Anonymous said...

Humm. The old truck in the photo is really cool. What's with that dude's hair? He looks like he popped out of an 80s music video. Nice tan though. Kinda skinny...but not bad. Missy, quit being so picky.kf